Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Overcoming by our testimony

 I lost a friend two nights ago, and found out yesterday at work. I prayed for this guy the night before, and I usually pray for everyone I work with as it is... but this was different and my anxiety was really bad yesterday and I didn't know why... until I got to work, and found out he died. I don't know how just yet but we suspected overdose, so it hit me pretty hard. This guy and I had some great talks about Jesus and about how I love God, and he was like that is so good and so important. We talked about being saved, he had been baptized and we shared a little bit of our testimonies together... he has a son who is 7 poor thing. I pray for his family and will continue to do so, but I had to repost my testimony, and about how important it is for you to write your testimony out  so you can share it with others. How Jesus saved you, what He saved you from, what He has done in your life, how He has changed you and your heart and given a new one... we overcome by the word of our testimony and the blood of the Lamb. 

My prayers lately for others' have been for them to be covered by the blood of the Lamb, for them to know Christ and His unending love and mercy and forgivenness and goodness. I pray for God to forgive them and help them get back to Him in any way. I pray that God grants them repentance before it is too late, because it is written that Jesus wants ALL MEN TO BE SAVED! This is why intercessory prayers for other people is also very important. The effective prayer of a fervent person goes a long way, literally straight to heaven. 

We’ve been talking about being conquerors and overcomers in Christ. As we receive blessings and deliverance from the Lord from strongholds such as alcoholism, drugs and depression, the Lord wants us to share our testimony with others so that they, too, can know the peace, joy, and hope we have received. We need to understand that the devil will do all that he can to steal our testimony because he has come “to steal, kill and destroy”

When I don’t “stand firm” in God’s truth and instead listen to the lies of the enemy, he steals my testimony. When I am depressed and stand in sinking sand instead of firmly on Christ the solid Rock, how does my life look any more appealing to a non-believer? It doesn’t. So when I give in to feelings of hopeless, the enemy has taken my testimony and rendered it useless for kingdom work.

As the opposer of God, Satan attacks us with adverse circumstances to accuse God and disprove His goodness in our life. We are to guard our mind and be anxious for nothing, but let all our request be made known to God with thanksgiving (Phil 4:6). No matter what our earthly circumstances appear to be, we must remember that our battles are truly occurring in the heavenly realm, and our only hope is in the Lord. “Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.” (Ps 33:20-22)

Our tongue is a powerful thing. It can be a tool that builds, and a balm that heals. It can be a sword that cuts and divides. It can also be an unruly member set on fire by hell. The Scripture says that, “death and life is in the power of the tongue” (Prov 18:21). Our tongue can speak words that can be either hurtful or helpful, and our enemy knows this. One of the evil purposes of chaotic adverse circumstances is to tempt us to change our confession and say the wrong things. As a Christian, our words contain power. So if the enemy can cause us to speak words of discouragement, doubt and fear, he can get us to prophesy our own defeat.

The enemy seeks to steal our testimony, as we’ve said previously here. But we need to look at the full verse for the good news. Jesus said, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) We all have had the times when Satan has wrought havoc in our lives, but our testimony is about how Jesus gives us His abundant love and eternal life. No matter the circumstances we’re encountering at the moment, we will live eternity in heaven praising Him. We need to share that hope, because in the end it is all that matters. As we face whatever comes our way today, if we stay focused on eternity, then we hold on to the “hope we have as an anchor of the soul” (Heb 6:19).

The Lord’s Word is clear, that we are not [to] fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” (Matt 10:28). It’s also clear that we are not only to praise God, but share our praises of Him with others. “Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples. For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is also to be feared above all gods.” (1 Chron 16:23-25)

While we certainly live in troubled times, these troubles are nothing in comparison with what will come in the Great Tribulation. Even in those times, there will be many who come to Christ before Jesus returns. Those will be killed for their faith, but let’s look at their response to the fear the great dragon wields. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” (Rev 12:11)

Let’s “put on the whole armor of God, that [we] may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Eph 6:11), and stand firm in the “hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast” (Heb 6:19). And not only stand firm in it, but “be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you” (1 Pet 3:15). That’s how we overcome by the word of our testimony!

Father, thank You for Your strength so that I am able to stay anchored in Your truth. Lord, I ask that no matter what I encounter today that I keep my thoughts on eternity with You so that I don’t succumb to the lies of the enemy. Lord, let my tongue praise You so that others want to know the reason for my hope, especially when I am in the midst of trials. Father, let Your light shine through me so that it is a beacon to those in the darkness, so that they will be drawn to Your light. In the precious name of Jesus, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casting off Paganism and COME out of Babylon!

  Exodus 20:13 The sixth commandment, "You shall not murder" ( Exodus 20:13 ), covers the grievous sins of abortion and after-birt...